Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA).
· Temperatures of patients and staff will be taken
· We have installed HEPA filters throughout the office and in each operatory.
· Hand sanitizer will be available throughout the office.
· Our office will communicate with you before your appointment to ask some screening questions. You’ll be asked questions again when you arrive at the office.
· Patients will be directed to arrive at the time of their appointment or to wait in their vehicles to avoid people waiting in our reception area.
Air abrasion is a drill-less technique that is being used by our office to remove tooth decay and for other applications.
During air abrasion, an instrument that works like a mini sandblaster is used to spray away decay. During air abrasion, a fine stream of particles is aimed at the decayed portion of the tooth. These particles are made of silica, aluminum oxide, or a baking soda mixture and are propelled toward the tooth surface by compressed air or a gas that runs through the dental handpiece. Small particles of decay on the tooth surface are removed as the stream of particles strikes them. The particles of decay are then "suctioned" away.